- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Western University of Health Sciences 2013
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Exercise Science, California State University Long Beach 2009
Awards & Certifications
- Advanced Certification in Pelvic Rehabilitation
- Board Certified Women's Health Specialist - APTA
- Elaine Meadows Research Scholar Award from the APTA - Section on Women's Health
- John Wallace Award received for outstanding service to the American Physical Therapy Association at the National, State, or District level, and evidence of leadership in advocacy for the physical therapy profession
- Pelvic Rehabilitation Practitioner Certification (PRPC) from the Herman and Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute
Organizations & Professional Involvement
- American Physical Therapy Association (Orthopedic, Women’s Health, and Education sections)
- International Pelvic Pain Society
- Southern California Pelvic Floor Sexual Medicine Collaborative Group
Lindsey brings an enthusiasm for both education and clinical excellence to Sarton Physical Therapy.
One of just 400 physical therapists nationwide with advanced board certification in women's health, Dr. Lindsey Liggan earned her Doctorate of Physical Therapy degree from Western University of Health Sciences after graduating from California State University Long Beach with her Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Exercise Science.
Following her graduation from Physical Therapy school Lindsey has focused on pelvic floor treatment for both women and men. Lindsey has undergone training in manual therapy, pelvic floor rehabilitation, orthopedics, pain modulation, and visceral mobilization. She earned her Pelvic Rehabilitation Practitioner Certification (PRPC) from the Herman and Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute in 2016.
Lindsey is currently serving as an Instructor and Clinical faculty for the Department of Physical Therapy at Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona. Her areas of teaching include anatomy, physiology, and Medical Screening. She is committed to continual growth as an educator and a clinician and educating future physical therapists.