- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Western University of Health Sciences
- Bachelors of Science, Cum Laude, in Kinesiology, with emphasis in Exercise Science pre Physical Therapy; California State University, Long Beach
Awards & Certifications
- Pelvic Rehabilitation Practitioner Certification (PRPC) from the Herman and Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute
- Actively pursuing APTA board certification in Women’s Health
Organizations & Professional Involvement
- American Physical Therapy Association (Orthopedic, Women’s Health, and Peforming Arts Special Interest Group)
- Southern California Pelvic Floor Sexual Medicine Collaborative Group
- Certified Clinical Instructor for physical therapy students
Press & Media
- LA Times; Commentary: Gender transitioning needs integrative medical approach; September 16, 2015
“Female Dancers and Elite Performers with Incontinence”; 2013; APTA Citation Blast in the Performing Arts Special Interest Group; Online Journal
Dr. Sherine Aubert embeds thoughtfulness, practicality, and enthusiasm in her treatment.
Blending a dance background with a long standing captivation with pelvic and sexual health during undergraduate and graduate studies, Sherine understands how the pelvis influences many aspects of life on a deeply rooted level- mentally, physically and emotionally.
It is her true passion to identify drivers and give individuals the tools to address pelvic pain along with bedroom (sexual pain) and bathroom (bladder, bowel, & voiding) issues. With her specialized background in pelvic health, exercise science, orthopedics, and dance, Sherine optimizes patient care to create customized, evidence-based physical therapy interventions to facilitate optimal health. She enjoys working with all varieties of populations, including the trans-population, effectively rehabilitating and optimizing pelvises post sexual reassignment surgeries.
Sherine has a profound personal and professional appreciation of pelvic health, and is repeatedly reminded of the power of the pelvis. Her goal is to make pelvic physical therapy and rehabilitation the gold standard treatment following childbirth, sexual reassignment surgeries, post urogynecological, colorectal, abdominal, and breast surgeries. She also teaches a pelvic floor class at Chapman University to the physical therapy students.
Outside of work, Sherine enjoys yoga, camping, and exploring the outdoors! Oh, and she has recently taken to needlepoint!