Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is an entire medical system that was developed in China thousands of years ago.
Acupuncture is a modality of TCM, where a very fine needle is placed on specific points on the body to bring back homeostasis. TCM looks at pain and diseases of the body as blockages or deficiencies, and by using Acupuncture, it is clearing these blockages and nourishing the body. Acupuncture is also a very effective preventative medicine and helps to maintain a general well-being. During each treatment, the needles are retained for 15-30 minutes. The sensation of the needles differs from each person, but some report having a dull, heavy feeling at the point of insertion. Most patients feel calm and relaxed after each treatment. Acupuncture is used on a variety of health concerns including but not limited to the following:
- Musculoskeletal pain-acute or chronic
- Energy-fatigue, lethargy, troubles focusing
- Sleep-insomnia, dream disturbed sleep, night sweats
- Digestive disorders-indigestion, constipation, nausea, bloating, gas
- Immunity-defending the body against flus and common colds
- Respiratory-asthma, COPD, allergies
- Women’s health-PMS, irregular cycles, painful cycles, menopause, infertility, PCOS, Endometriosis
- Emotional Wellbeing-stress, anxiety, depression, PTSD, addictions
- Pelvic Floor Disorders-incontinence, prolapse, dyspareunia, interstitial cystitis
Please contact us with any questions or to have your patients schedule and appointment.